Thursday, February 6, 2014

Independent Component 1


  • LITERAL
    (a) “I, Arianna Castellanos, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.”
    (b) Antonio and Lisa at the law office helped. As too the Los Angeles Times Article (trustworthy cause they quoted Antonio wooo)
    (c) 
    here is the log too
  • (d) I completed a brief look into a specific file, as well as looking into newer files, learning the ins and out of the red book. 
  • INTERPRETIVE 
    I began this component concentrated on just researching one file alone, learning the insides and outs of it. I soon learned however that a law office and criminals don't revolve around one single scenario or chain of events. When I had begun to look at other files other than a specific one known as the Mejia case, I learned that researching one single scenario teaches you nothing. Other than the fact that Antonio and Lisa, my mentors, having the want to help every single one of them, you can't give all your time to just one. So that's what i began to do. I killed two birds with one stone, I began to look into other cases, while at the same time taking out old files to be scanned. As for evidence, there's not much to show but my knowledge and this picture, but I'll personally turn in a folder to you Purther because it'll probably be a bad idea to post some of this information online.


  • APPLIED
    One of the fundamental things I learned from this component was that crime in our society happens everyday not because of one sole reason. I began this component back when my horizons had been expanded not just on how drugs can hurt or help our society, but how all consensual crimes can do that. I had been looking for cases that would demonstrate how these "crimes" are either a good or bad thing. I now understand that as much as I want to keep my opinion biased and closed, that drugs can in fact be a problem. The Mejia case that I had so long focused on showed how the drug game left a 3 week old baby dead, only because of a mere debt the street seller had (how in tun had no affiliation with said baby. It was a case of being in the wrong plasce at the wrong time.)
Grading Criteria 
  • Log on a digital spreadsheet (si)
  • Evidence of 30 hours of work (si)
  • LIA submitted to blog (si)

No comments:

Post a Comment