Monday, August 19, 2013

Blog 2: Summer Mentorship

Literal: 

1.       (Know) Using google doc (drive) link a log of specific hours and a description of your duties (click here for an example) to your blog post.
·       https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkBK3jsgXuaUdEJGYVBGTmpsdnF0c1U5QVE4dEcxN3c&usp=sharing
2.       What is the contact name & number of where you volunteered?   
·         Joel Rivera Vega: (909)544-3145  
3.       (Need to know) What questions were raised because of the 10 hours of experience?  List them. 
    •  Is this really for me?
    • When weighted against each other, is it more difficult to attain the knowledge of the cars, or to be physically capable to fix them. (I couldn’t really tell with just ten hours of service.)   
    • Why must some tasks be so tedious to accomplish?


Interpretive

4.       What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?
·         The most important thing that I gained was that a job involving any types of cars, requires much knowledge on the different kinds of vehicles. Each vehicle has their unique parts, much like people. I gained it because apart from the actual fixing, there were a multitude of times I couldn’t even tell what Joel was trying to explain to me. Other than that, I gained the knowledge that this subject is just not for me.

Applied

5.       How did what you did help you choose a topic?  Please explain.

·         When I had decided I wanted to do Forensic Science, I thought I was set on finding a mentor on said subject. Come the middle of the summer I realized, it would be harder than I thought, so I settled on doing auto repair. I thought it could be something interesting and new I might be able to get into.  After my two days of mentorship, I realized this wasn’t for me, and luckily I found a lawyer who would take me in later on this year.  So, long story short, my subject has changed from auto repair to now Criminology.

No comments:

Post a Comment